Friday, February 4, 2011

Wikis?

I am going to be perfectly honest--I really don’t see myself using wikis in the future.  Maybe I just don’t get them yet or haven’t fully realized their potential, but I am just not seeing their importance when there are so many other more convenient, safe, and user friendly tools out there.  I joined a wiki when I was taking a class through the John Muir Academy and we used it to post our info, ideas, projects, and so forth so I sometimes go back to it when I want to access the resources, but that is about it.  I do, however, like the idea of using a wiki as a place for departmental “meetings”.  This would really alleviate the pain of going to meetings at a set time, but yet provide the opportunity to input ideas, concerns, and resources.  (Once again, I do feel the need to mention that this same stuff can be done using GoogleDocs and is probably the route I would go.)

1 comment:

  1. I have gone back and forth between GoogleDocs and wikis. Wikis are clutsy in format, but they do allow creating more of a structure for multiple pages. GoogleDocs are easy to create collaborative documents but harder to link multiple documents together without going to something like GoogleSites.

    ReplyDelete