Sunday, March 6, 2011

delicious—YUM!

I have actually talked about how much I love Diigo and its educator features that allow students to work in a collaborative community and allow them to tag, highlight, and add sticky notes on shared sites.  This can not only replace taking notes on notecards, but also provide a great way for students to talk about specific pieces of texts in a web site.  Students can add individual comments and/or comment on other people’s comments!  Wow!  I love the idea that students can do research as a group and share sites that they find that are useful, yet can do their research independently.  As long as students are responsible for bookmarking/tagging a site why not have them share what they are findin?  This really worked when Sommer and I had done our Wiki page on technology.  If I found a site that I liked it I tagged it and shared it with Sommer, this way when we finished our research we had a wonderful place to store and organize the information we found.  What I didn’t think of until recently is that students can even tag the sites with their group name as a way to even get more specific with their tagging. 
This could actually be a great tool for teachers in a small district like mine to connect with other math teachers that teach the same subject.  I am the only Algebra I teacher in the high school and it would be great to connect and share with another teacher in the same area.  I am not sure how to find these people or coordinate getting them signed up but just think of the possibilities of sharing and collaborating!

2 comments:

  1. Something crazy has happened--my computer won't let me tag anymore! I log into delicous but when I press the tag icon it says that I have to log in again and I just keep getting the same message everytime I tag. What is going on? I swear I was able to use it just fine a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a way to check your ID and password in delicious. I can see all your bookmarks so I know it worked and you obviously could get in to change your tags. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete