Sunday, March 6, 2011

Connections, Connecting, Connected!

I actually didn’t realize the potential for connecting with others until we got this assignment.  I really thought of del.icio.us as just a bookmarking tool and organization tool for my own resources.  The most networking I did was connecting with people in my own circle that I knew and who had an account (basically just people from this class).  Sommer and I actually used sharing of tags as a way to conduct our research for the Wiki on technology.  (This is actually a great way to have students use this, but I will talk about that in the next post).  I never really thought of branching out and connecting with people with my same tags/interests.  I am really digging how I can search other people’s tags and sites that they have tagged (it even makes it easier when people have nice annotations because then I don’t even have to visit the site to see if it will work for me).  I have already added a “stranger” to my network because she has tagged numerous sites that not only include technology, but also mathematics.  Her ID is cee003519 I think she is most likely an elementary teacher but she has found some really great sites that can be used in the high school setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment