Friday, January 21, 2011

My Blog Search

I have never been really good at searching anything.  I always start to get overwhelmed and feel like I get lost in the vast amounts of "stuff" out there!  I sometimes wonder if anyone has ever turned up missing after getting lost during their search--maybe they could make a GPS for people like me that tend to get lost in their searches.  I was surprised though, with this search--I actually found something that I really like after looking at two things! (Call off the search party for me today!)

The first one that I have found is called The Education Technology Blog and is a blog that not only talks about practical ways to integrate technology into the classroom but also provides links to resources that we can use!  How great is that?!? 

http://www.educationtechnologyblog.com/

The second one that I have found is called The Intersection of Pop Culture and Mathematics and is a blog that blends everyday mathematics with popular culture that engages students.  Once again, I love that this gives practical ways to integrate technology into the mathematics classroom.

 http://popmatics.wordpress.com/

Ok, I have to admit after digging deeper into this blog I found that after a couple of site transfers this site really isn't the greatest.  Basically it directs you to a site in which you have to purchase the math program and here I thought I hit the jackpot for a truly great "free" resource.  Bummer!

1 comment:

  1. I think searching is overwhelming to many people. There have been some studies that show most people never look beyond the first screen of results (10-20 items) and "satisfice" or go with something the partially answers their question rather than searching more. That is one reason I like some of the more specialized search engines like Technorati if you are looking for something specific like a blog.

    ReplyDelete